Upgrade Old Water Mains Free of Charge*
Did you know that if you live in the Coventry area and your current main water supply is lead, leaking or part of a shared supply with neighbours, that you may be able to upgrade to a new plastic mains supply FREE of charge via the Severn Trent Supply Pipe Replacement Grant Scheme?
Coventry Lead Water Pipe Replacement Scheme 2023
Severn Trent are continuing the Lead Water Pipe Replacement Scheme in Coventry and are providing grants that mean you may potentially pay nothing for your new water supply.
The Benefits of Upgrading Your Water Supply Pipe
- Save water and money with a new supply pipe – Fewer leaks, less water wasted.
- Remove the risk of harmful lead – wonderful water for you and your household
- Improve water flow – a new plastic water supply pipe can mean a more reliable water supply
- Save on costs – we will upgrade your pipes at no cost and do the work for you.
- Reduce your carbon footprint – less water wasted means less energy used
Why Use Wentworth Moling Services
- We provide a FREE no obligation assessment to ensure you are eligible for the Severn Trent Supply Pipe Replacement Grant Scheme.
- No complicated forms to fill in as we handle all the paperwork and applications.
- You can leave it in our safe hands as we liaise with Severn Trent to ensure your connection is processed quickly and smoothly
- We aim to carry out all work under the grant scheme budget so you potentially pay nothing for your new water supply.
- As a specialist moling contractor we use the latest moling technology and can often install your new pipework with very little fuss or mess
* Subject to you being approved for the Severn Trent Supply Pipe Replacement Grant Scheme, living in eligible areas of Coventry and the project coming in at under £1,300
Fill in the short form below to request further information about the 2023 Severn Trent Supply Pipe Replacement Grant Scheme
To be eligible for the Severn Trent Supply Pipe Replacement Grant Scheme you must have a CV1, CV2, CV3, CV4, CV5, CV6 postcode or pay Coventry City Council Tax.
Please note, whilst Severn Trent are contributing to the cost of our works through the Grant scheme, we are not acting on Severn Trent’s behalf in any way. Severn Trent does not supervise, undertake, or guarantee the works we will complete in any way and have no liability or responsibility over our works.
Lead Water Pipe Replacement Grant Coventry
The Lead Water Pipe Replacement Grant is a time limited trial scheme provided by Severn Trent to encourage Coventry residents to upgrade old water mains and lead pipes.
Wentworth Moling Services can help replace your old water supply using the new Severn Trent Supply Pipe Replacement Grant Scheme.
As part of the sheme, you would receive:
- a new, plastic water supply pipe to your home to replace your old pipe.
- a single supply pipe if you are currently sharing a supply pipe with your neighbours
- £1,300 grant from Severn Trent paid to the approved pipe installer to contribute towards the cost of the work
You may be eligible for the Severn Trent Pipe Replacement Grant Scheme if you:
- Currently have at least one of the following:
- lead supply pipe
- a shared supply with your neighbours
- a leaking supply pipe
- Own your home or are a morgage holder – If you rent your home, you will need your landlord’s permission.
- Have a CV1, CV2, CV3, CV4, CV5, CV6 postcode or pay Coventry City Council Tax
To confirm you are eligible for the Severn Trent Pipe Replacement Grant, we will need to carry out an inspection.
Please Contact Us for your FREE No Obligation Inspection
How it works
A step-by-step guide to what we’ll do when we upgrade your supply pipes.
After you apply to have your water supply pipe replaced, we’ll contact you to arrange an inspection.
On inspection day, we’ll call you before they arrive to make sure you’re at home.
When we arrive, we’ll check inside and outside your home for:
- where your supply pipes and stop taps are
- if you share your supply pipes with your neighbours
After that, we’ll talk to you about what happens next and explain how we’ll install the new supply pipes
If you share your water supply with your neighbour(s), we can’t update your pipe unless they sign-up too. If we find you’re on a joint supply, we’ll be in touch with your neighbour but it’s a good idea to talk to them about it too.
On installation day, we’ll put up any necessary barriers and road traffic signs to make sure the area is safe for you, our team and people in the area.
It’s likely that we’ll be replacing pipes for your neighbours at around the same time.
There are two ways we can install your new supply pipes:
1. Tunnelling underground using a tool called a mole
2. Digging an open trench
Where possible, we’ll use technology to reduce disruption. We can only advise which installation method we will use when the team have completed the inspection.
Once we’ve installed your new supply pipes, we’ll reconnect your water supply to your new pipework and test everything.
Your old lead pipes will remain in the ground.
After we’ve installed your new pipes, it’s time for us to re-fill the holes and repair any ground surfaces. We call this reinstatement.
If we’ve had to dig up any part of your driveway, paths or any other part of your property, we’ll talk to you about how we’ll do this reinstatement and what materials we’ll use.
This is often called a “supply pipe”. If there is a leak – which is more likely with older pipework – you would have to organise and pay for repairs.
If your house was built before 1970, your pipes might be past their best with a higher risk of leaks. You might find you are sharing a supply with neighbours, or that your pipe is made from lead. As part of our upgrade programme, we’re offering to help you replace these older pipes as part of the Green Recovery Supply Pipe Grant Scheme.
Coventry Lead Water Pipe Replacement Grant
Helping you Obtaining a grant for lead water pipe replacement in the Thames Water area isn’t always that simple.
Wentworth Moling can help with your lead pipe replacement application form, install your new water mains from your internal stopcock to the boundary and liaise with all concerned to ensure there are no hiccups with your new connection.
Did You Know You Can Upgrade Your Water Main Without Having To Dig Trenches?
With Moling we often just need one small entry hole on the boundary, one small hole where the new water main enters your property and a mole is used to install the water main under your garden, lawn, driveway, etc.
Demonstration Showing Moling Under a Driveway
The Wentworth Moling team arrived in the morning, carefully lifted a small section of paviours and commenced digging 2 small entry holes. They set the mole up began moling, installed a new 32mm main water supply, backfilled the holes, made good the driveway and tidied up.
The customer came home later that afternoon and were about to phone and complain that Wentworth hadn’t turned up when they suddenly realised the job had been completed – “I couldn’t even see where they had been”
Moling to Upgrade Water Main
Call now for advice on moling to upgrade water supplies or water pipe replacement costs
Lead pipe replacement grants 2023, we can find out if lead water pipe replacement grants are available in your location and help you with all the paperwork required to obtain your grant – Contact Us for further information.
Find information about the Coventry Lead Pipe Replacement Scheme, the Coventry Lead Pipe Replacement Grant, Severn Trent Supply Pipe Replacement Grant Scheme in Coventy to find out how you can upgrade your old lead water supply potentially at no cost to you.
Free lead water pipe assessments provided in the Coventry area – Coventry Lead Pipe Replacement Scheme – 2023 Grants Available to Upgrade Water Mains to Your Property Lead Water Pipe Replacement Specialists Coventry
Contact us for Lead water pipe replacement cost in the Coventry area
CV1 - Hillfields, Spon End, Bishopgate Green, and Draper's Fields. - CV2 - Wyken, Stoke, Potter's Green, Bell Green, and Upper Stoke. - CV3 - Binley, Stivichall, Willenhall, Green Lane, and Cheylesmore. - CV4 - Canley, Tile Hill, Westwood Heath, and Gibbet Hill. - CV5 - Earlsdon, Allesley, Lower Eastern Green, Chapel Fields, and Brownshill Green. - CV6 - Holbrooks, Coundon, Radford, Foleshill, and Keresley. - If you pay Coventry City Council Tax